Apparently I set the clock on my phone to some stupid time zone in Mexico and thought it was an hour (or two) earlier than it was all last night and most of the day today so it’s only appropriate that I post my Wednesday Rambles on Thursday, almost Friday right?
- Last Friday was Katie Scarlett’s 23rd birthday and we all went to supper together.
- All meaning: Katie & two of her friends; me (ex-wife #1), my sister; Katie’s ex-step mom (ex-wife #3); Katie’s brother & sister from marriage with ex-wife #3; Katie’s daddy and his current fiancé (future wife #4).
- I worked in the phrase “Redneck Sister Wives” during the evening’s conversation.
- Is that a shock to anyone?
- I know. It was awesome.
- That Man & I spent Saturday in Forest Hills, LA going from nursery to nursery buying trees for his property.
- I got two Boston ferns that are about as big as one of those balls people sit on to do ab work or Pilates.
- They were $10 each. $10. I know.
- We also bought a flat of strawberries that had been picked just that morning.
- 12 pints for $28. I know – I was the bargain queen that day.
- I spent most of Friday afternoon and Monday entering the contact information for 496 strippers involved in a case we have in an Access database.
- That’s a lot of boobs. I’m just saying.
- Question: If you lived on Stiffel Lane, Woodcock Street or Pleasure Drive, do you think stripping should be your occupation of choice?
- The Southern Girl Gang will be here staying at my house in only 36 more days. 36 days. Lor-dee! I hope I can wait that long.
- I guess I need to make sure my house is clean before they get here.
- I’m still planning on taking them to Fred’s Lounge in Mamou that Saturday.
- Have YOU ever gone to a bar at 7:30 in the morning?
- I didn’t think so.
Well, that’s all I have for right now. I really need to post the pictures from Katie’s birthday but I keep forgetting to dump them off my camera. You’ll love them – #1 (me) and #4 took a picture together. Oh yes we did.